202121/07/2021 MYKITA | LEICA COLLECTION: Iconic sunglasses made in Germany MYKITA and Leica stand for the fine art of German engineering, iconic design and quality with the Made in Germany seal. The two companies already announced their agreement on a wide-ranging partnership in spring 2020 and launched a collection of sunglasses that set new standards in the eyewear market with the fine art of German engineering. The debut collection, honoured with the Red Dot Design Award 2020 in the category Best Product Design, is available now from selected opticians, MYKITA Shops and Leica Stores or online on the websites mykita.com and leica-camera.com.
- 20/07/2021 Leica Brand Campaign „THE WORLD DESERVES WITNESSES”: Leica Camera AG continues to pay tribute to photographers who bear witness to the world After the remarkable and unanimously acclaimed launch of the campaign "THE WORLD DESERVES WITNESSES" / "LE MONDE MÉRITE DES TÉMOINS" last January, more than 20 million views of the "Manifesto" clip, 500 million impressions of the operation’s various items of content, and a prestigious D&AD award (Graphite Pencil, Documentary Photography category) and Cannes Lions award (Bronze Lion, Print & Publishing category), the legendary German manufacturer of cameras unveils a second chapter.
- 16/07/2021 Leica Camera AG presents the LEITZ PHONE 1, a new milestone in the company's history The Leitz Phone 1 will be sold exclusively in Japan from July 16. With the first smartphone of its own, Leica Camera AG sets another milestone in the company's 100-year plus history and once again underlines its constant pursuit of the highest quality technical innovations. The Leitz Phone 1 will embody Leica’s passion for concentration on what is essential – ‘Das Wesentliche’ – uncompromising quality, iconic design, and outstanding picture quality. Smartphone-photography has become a method for instantaneous communication – a visual language without limits. The Leitz Phone 1 strives to enable every user to become his own witness - to capture and share personal moments and experiences of everyday life with pictures of unique Leica quality.
- 01/07/2021 Leica's M-Adapter L giveaway: Buyers of an SL2, SL2-S or SL2/SL2-S Welcome Bundle will receive a voucher for a free M-Adapter L Leica Camera AG continues to promote creativity and offers a whole new world of possibilities to customers who purchase an SL system. Buyers of an SL2, SL2-S or SL2/SL2-S Welcome Bundle will even receive a free M-Adapter L after submitting a voucher code. The adapter essentially gives customers access to all the benefits associated with each and every M-Lens produced since 1954.
- 29/06/2021 Leica Camera AG further expands its presence in the growing market of the Middle East and establishes the regional subsidiary Leica Camera Middle East Leica Camera AG is opening another chapter in its global growth and expansion strategy. With the establishment of the country organization Leica Camera Middle East, the company is now expanding its business in the strategically important market of the Near and Middle East, thus strengthening its presence in the entire Arab region.
- 24/06/2021 Exclusive design variant: the Leica M10-R is now also available with a black paint finish Leica Camera AG introduces a new design variant of the Leica M10-R. With its black paint finish, the new Leica M10-R perfectly embodies the classic Leica look: over the years, glimpses of brass will gradually start to show on the corners and edges – resulting in a unique patina that emphasises the camera’s individual character. This is a camera that not only captures moments in time, but also tells a story of its own. The new addition to the M family is a prime example of Leica’s unerring commitment to quality and craftsmanship made in Germany.
- 16/06/2021 38th Leitz Photographica Auction An abundance of sought-after collector’s items and extravagant rarities from the world of photography delighted audiences at the 38th Leitz Photographica Auction, which took place in Vienna on June 12, 2021. Due to pandemic safety restrictions, the auction at the Hotel Bristol was limited to 50 attendees – however, participants from more than 100 countries joined via internet and phone.
- 27/05/2021 Dr. Andreas Kaufmann has been honoured with the Federal Cross of Merit for his economic commitment to the region of Wetzlar Due to Covid-19, it is only now that the Cross of Merit 1st Class, of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany, awarded to Dr. Andreas Kaufmann in 2020 by the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, has finally reached Dr. Kaufmann's hands. This special award recognises and publicly acknowledges the significant work the honouree has done for the economy in the Wetzlar region.
- 25/05/2021 38. Leitz Photographica Auction At the 38th camera auction of the renowned auction house “Leitz Photographica Auction” on June 12th in Vienna, many unique collector’s items, as well as outstanding examples of camera history, will be auctioned again. 469 lots with exciting bidding battles await bidders from over 100 countries.
- 17/05/2021 Leica Camera AG and Sharp Corporation announce technology partnership in the smartphone photography segment for the Japanese market Today, Leica Camera AG and Sharp Corporation announced the establishment of a long-term technology partnership and presented the first AQUOS R6 Smartphone ‘co-engineered with Leica’ for the Japanese market. Both companies are working in close collaboration in the field of optical engineering and the development of innovative solutions for the achievement of best possible imaging quality in the smartphone photography segment.