202109/09/2021 Leica announces ‘007 Edition’ camera and exclusive photography exhibition to celebrate the forthcoming Bond movie No Time To Die Leica Camera has unveiled a new Leica Q2 “007 Edition” to celebrate the release of the 25th Bond adventure, No Time To Die. Limited to 250 pieces only, the camera exudes understated elegance – just like James Bond – marked by Leica’s signature minimalist design. This special edition Leica Q2 features the iconic 007 logo on the deck cap and the famous Bond gun barrel design on the lens cap. Each limited edition camera will be individually num-bered, making the “007” camera a sought-after collectable. The camera comes in a custom-ised and handcrafted case designed by the British luxury suitcase brand Globe-Trotter. In-spired by the bespoke Globe-Trotter cases that feature in No Time To Die, both the camera case and camera are finished in the same Ocean Green leather colourway.
- 09/09/2021 Stefan Daniel appointed as Executive Vice President Technology and Operations at Leica Camera AG At its meeting on 3 September 2021, the Supervisory Board of Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar made the decision to appoint Stefan Daniel in the function of Executive Vice President Technology and Operations. This new function combines the entire spectrum of activities in the Photography and Sport Optics product segments of Leica Camera AG.
- 09/09/2021 Antonio Arrigoni appointed as new CFO at Leica Camera AG At its meeting on 3 September 2021, the Supervisory Board of Leica Camera AG made the decision to appoint Antonio Arrigoni to the position of new Chief Financial Officer of Leica Camera AG and CFO of the Leica Camera Group. Antonio Arrigoni will be assuming his new functions from October 2021.
- 09/09/2021 Chief Operating Officer (COO) Dr Marita Paasch is leaving Leica Camera AG After many successful years in our company, Dr Marita Paasch, member of the Executive Board and COO of Leica Camera AG, will be leaving her position on the Executive Board by most cordial mutual agreement on 30 September 2021 in order to pursue a different professional career.
- 19/08/2021 The Leica C-Lux “Style Kit” in Light Gold and Midnight Blue With the C-Lux “Style Kit” in Light Gold and Midnight Blue, Leica Camera presents two bundles that further emphasise the appeal of Leica’s versatile compact camera. Both Style Kits comprise a Leica C-Lux (with identical technical specifications to the standard variant), an “Andrea Leica C-Lux” shoulder bag with tailor-made camera compartment, and a colour-coordinated “Protector C-Lux” – a half-shell camera case made of high-quality leather that protects the camera whilst maintaining full access to all control elements.
- 15/08/2021 New: Leica Throw Lever Wetzlar, Germany. July 1, 2021. Leica Sportoptik is expanding the accessory range for Leica riflescopes with the Leica Throw Lever, which allows the zoom ring on Leica Magnus riflescopes to be adjusted quickly and safely. This ergonomic feature is particularly useful in three hunting situations:
- 05/08/2021 Leica Camera AG and Champagne Laurent-Perrier announce Global Brand Partnership Leica Camera and Champagne Laurent-Perrier announce a global partnership, offering Leica communities around the world the opportunity to experience prestigious Champagne Cuvées and very exclusive moments. At the heart of the partnership stands a remarkable heritage defined by European craft and family ownership— uniting these 2 brands together through a shared tradition of excellence.
Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2021: The shortlist candidates
The Leica Oskar Barnack Award will be presented for the 41st time this year. Around 100 top-notch international photography experts submitted their proposals. From this collection, this year's jury has now put together the LOBA Shortlist 2021. On November 4, the winners in the main and newcomer categories will be honoured during an award ceremony in Wetzlar, as part of a large celebration of photography at which the Leica Hall of Fame Award will also be presented, and the Ernst Leitz Museum will be introduced internationally with its new orientation.
- 21/07/2021 MYKITA | LEICA COLLECTION: Iconic sunglasses made in Germany MYKITA and Leica stand for the fine art of German engineering, iconic design and quality with the Made in Germany seal. The two companies already announced their agreement on a wide-ranging partnership in spring 2020 and launched a collection of sunglasses that set new standards in the eyewear market with the fine art of German engineering. The debut collection, honoured with the Red Dot Design Award 2020 in the category Best Product Design, is available now from selected opticians, MYKITA Shops and Leica Stores or online on the websites mykita.com and leica-camera.com.
- 20/07/2021 Leica Brand Campaign „THE WORLD DESERVES WITNESSES”: Leica Camera AG continues to pay tribute to photographers who bear witness to the world After the remarkable and unanimously acclaimed launch of the campaign "THE WORLD DESERVES WITNESSES" / "LE MONDE MÉRITE DES TÉMOINS" last January, more than 20 million views of the "Manifesto" clip, 500 million impressions of the operation’s various items of content, and a prestigious D&AD award (Graphite Pencil, Documentary Photography category) and Cannes Lions award (Bronze Lion, Print & Publishing category), the legendary German manufacturer of cameras unveils a second chapter.